I probably make this once a week because it's an easy way to get in a ton of veggies and nutrients while still satisfying that Mexican craving!
Author: Natalie Forté
- Mixed greens, romaine or whatever lettuce you prefer or have on hand
- Chicken or ground turkey/beef (optional)
- Cooked Black or Kidney beans, rinsed
- Red Onion, thinly sliced
- Cucumber, chopped
- Carrots, grated, diced or sliced
- Avocado, diced or sliced, or guac
- Organic non-GMO Tortilla chips,
- Cilantro, chopped
- ½ Lime
- Olive oil (optional...you can just use salsa as your dressing if you want)
- Greek Yogurt (optional)
- Purple Cabbage, thinly sliced (optional)
- In a medium size mixing bowl, add mixed greens & purple cabbage
- Drizzle a small amount of olive oil onto the lettuce
- Squeeze in half a lime or more if you'd like and toss gently with your hands
- Add in the rest of the ingredients including a handful of crumbled up tortilla chips for that yummy crunch!
- Top with salsa.
You can also make this vegetarian and leave out the meat. Beans can be the protein source here & are super satisfying!