Giada's Herbed Quinoa
I make this dish every Sunday when I batch cook, especially during the spring and summer months. You can enjoy it as is, or add nuts, seeds, a fried egg, chicken or anything your heart desires 🙂
Author: Giada De Larentiis
- 1 C. quinoa, rinsed
- 2 C. water or low-sodium chicken or veg stock
- Zest from 1 lemon (organic preferred)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- ¼ C. chopped parsley
- ¼ C. chopped basil
- 1-2 TBP chopped fresh Thyme (optional)
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Feta (optional)
- Bring water or veg/chicken stock to a boil.
- Add quinoa.
- Cover and reduce heat to med-low.
- Simmer till water is absorbed and quinoa as the white ring around it about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl & fluff with fork.
- Let cool 5 min. or so.
- Add in all ingredients and toss/stir gently making sure everything is mixed in.