Gluten-Free Cauliflower Couscous
This delicious recipe is a great, healthy holiday side dish, or the perfect side for your weekly dinner. It also happens to be gluten-free and can be served chilled, warm or room temp!
Author: New School of Cooking
- 2 heads of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
- 1 small bunch of parsley
- 4 ounces of feta, chopped
- 4 ounces of pine nuts, toasted
- ¼ cup capers
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 tbsp mint, chopped
- 2 tbsp Dijon
- ¼-1/2 cup olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss cauliflower with 2 tablespoons olive oil & roast until golden.
- When cauliflower is done, remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine lemon juice, zest, Dijon, and olive oil to make vinaigrette. Set aside.
- When cauliflower is cool enough to handle, finely chop florets until they resemble Israeli couscous. You can also pulse gently in a food processor instead of chopping.
- Combine chopped cauliflower with feta, pine nuts and capers.
- Toss with vinaigrette and herbs. Lightly fold in pomegranate seeds.
Feel free to make this your own and add or omit ingredients of your choice.