Orzo, Black Bean & Mango Salad
This is a very sentimental recipe. My husband made this for me on our very first Valentine’s Day together. He got the recipe from a friend, and I was immediately impressed. I mean–a man who cooks?!? Woohoo! I just doctored it up a little and put my own spin on it !
Author: Natalie Forté
- 1 C. dried orzo pasta
- 1 can black beans-rinsed
- ½ can of corn-rinsed (non GMO preferred)
- ½ C. green onion-chopped
- ½ red onion-chopped
- fresh or frozen mango (diced & thawed)
- chopped cilantro
- lime juice from 4-5 juicy limes
- zest from 1 lime (very important)
- jalapeno (remove seeds for less heat, finely chopped)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Once you’ve cooked and drained your orzo, place it into a mixing bowl.
- Stir in lime juice, zest and add all remaining ingredients except the avocado.
- Once everything is mixed together well, place sliced avocado on top and serve warm or cold.
This recipe was featured on ModernMom.com–check it out!