Kidney Bean Spread
I love this dip because it's and easy way to get iron into your kids diet. My little toddler loves this spread and you will too!
- 2-3 cups cooked kidney beans plus ¼ cup bean liquid, or if using canned beans use ¼ cup water instead of cooking liquid & wash them well
- 3 tbsps brown rice vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 1 tbsp flax seed oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup minced cilantro
- ¼ cup minced green onions
- Combine 2 cups of beans, bean juice, vinegar, garlic, oils and salt in a food processor or blender.
- Process until smooth and creamy. If you want a thicker dip add the extra cup of beans ¼ cup at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add salt, cilantro and green onions and mix with a spoon.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Serve with cut up veggies or chips.